07 April 2007

Big Dipper


Big Dipper
Originally uploaded by fourthography.
One of those days / nights where everything seemed to go right no matter what I shot. This is an image of the Big Dipper in Melbourne's Luna Park which is one of the oldest Theme Parks in the world, certainly in Australia built in 1912. The sky was an amazing gold by the end of the night. Here it was still pretty light, but there was lots of contrast happening. Metaphorically speaking I like the way the coaster drops right out of frame, its seems fitting that you seem to get rushed right out of the image and into the unknown. Yet like all good coasters, there is that slow moment of anticipation just before you go off the deep end. A time when all your hightend senses seem to see a lot of detail, and I think that's there as well in the texture of the wood. Its an image I like more and more as I look at it.

No comments: