06 April 2007

Light Room


Light Room
Originally uploaded by fourthography.
This is a particularly interesting image. It is a photograph about like and shadow. It is also about colour. This was a difficult shot to take because the sun was directly behind me. Why is that difficult I hear you ask. Well, because when the sun is behind you, you tend to cast a shadow. That is not evident here. Basically I hid as much of myself as possible within an existing shadow and cropped out what was left over. The end result is great example of how light and shadow can work with a colour image rather than B&W. I am sure this will be a surprise to some, it is an image all about NOT being in B&W and using all the ideas behind B&W images , light, shadow, tonal range etc etc. In fact this image simply does not work in B&W.

No comments: